Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a Hooper 1425. I am going to run it in my 99 T-Cat as a trail set up.
I am wondering a few things...... Who makes a reliable quad cam clutch, will I need extra cooling, what is going to break first?
Thanks in advance and I'm sure to have more questions before I'm done

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK more onfo.... 40mm round slide carbs, Jaws pipes (I'd like to silence more), Runnin' trail/lake in Ontario, stockgear ratio, premium pump gas, I'm a big guy(275), if I do 500mi in a season thats alot, whats the bestway for extra cooling?

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
242 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (resurrected @ Jan 8 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
anybody run one of these?

www.polarmotorsport.com[/b]

No....I have not run this primary clutch. I believe they are a fairly new product on the market.

SnowTech magazine (Jan/Feb issue) has a good article on it. Might be worth a look if you are interested in purchasing this clutch. Or give the vendor a call.

Good luck.....sounds like you have a beast on your hands! :beer_cheers:

JMY

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ZR Chris ..... actually.....that may work..... and just use the kill switch for throttle, you may be on something :trail:

JMY ... I have spoken to the vendor, and they are very confident in their product,I like it so far. They are runnin' on a couple of turbo Rx 1's now without issue. I am looking for some non biased feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts