Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we finally got some more snow and when I took the sled out it has a very noticeable vibration. I can really feel it through the running boards and slightly through the handlebars. It also seems to make a slight humming noise that I didn't notice before. The only thing I changed since the last time I rode it is the way the adjustable clutch weights (D&D magnaforce) are loaded and I sanded down the o-rings on the weight bolts so they moved a little more freely. Could one weight moving a little stiffer cause this?? I tried to get them all about the same, but one did seem a little tighter than the others. I didn't think it would hurt anything. I dunno I'm planning on double checking to make sure each weight is loaded the same, but I'm pretty sure I didn't f that up. lol Anything else I should be looking for?? The vibration seems to be about the same regardless of RPM or MPH

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles on your sled?
Check your track tension, if you're studded check for loose studs, rubber chunking off of idlers, helix bolts, or possibly j-shaft?
Just rolled over 700 miles. Thanks for the tips. The snow is gone now, so I'll look over the whole sled and make sure everything checks out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts