Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we finally got some more snow and when I took the sled out it has a very noticeable vibration. I can really feel it through the running boards and slightly through the handlebars. It also seems to make a slight humming noise that I didn't notice before. The only thing I changed since the last time I rode it is the way the adjustable clutch weights (D&D magnaforce) are loaded and I sanded down the o-rings on the weight bolts so they moved a little more freely. Could one weight moving a little stiffer cause this?? I tried to get them all about the same, but one did seem a little tighter than the others. I didn't think it would hurt anything. I dunno I'm planning on double checking to make sure each weight is loaded the same, but I'm pretty sure I didn't f that up. lol Anything else I should be looking for?? The vibration seems to be about the same regardless of RPM or MPH

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles on your sled?
Check your track tension, if you're studded check for loose studs, rubber chunking off of idlers, helix bolts, or possibly j-shaft?
Just rolled over 700 miles. Thanks for the tips. The snow is gone now, so I'll look over the whole sled and make sure everything checks out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I get a vibe through the boards and some noise when snow builds up in the tunnel outside the heat exchangers. Not sure what the snow was like but the heavy wet stuff seems to pack in there on mine. I actually get white cords showing on both sides of my track where it rubs on the ice that I burn off after every few rides. May not be your issue but something to check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts