Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
7,674 Posts
Sell it and buy a 137 is by far the easiest way to get this accomplished and may even cost less. Unless you sell the 129 set-up, track, everything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sell it and buy a 137 is by far the easiest way to get this accomplished and may even cost less. Unless you sell the 129 set-up, track, everything
Lol I’m not selling mine is paid for with 4K in upgrades
Next will be changing track

·
Administrator
2,264 Posts
#3 saying its cheaper and easier to sell your 129, adn buy a 137. swap the upgrades over..

You need the entire skid frame, and shocks, track, rear half of the tunnel, rear bumper, and the rear arm to tunnel suspension mounts. a couple idler wheels, and bolts are all you can re-use (not even all the wheels are the same)
It will not look factory, even if you do it with all new factory parts as the rear mounts are held to the chassis with self piercing rivets, that are impossible to duplicate

·
Administrator
7,674 Posts
Seeing how textron dumped the 129, you could be sitting on a gold mine, so to speak. Personally I like the 129's ( I have 2 of them) they still have that "fun" factor of being ale to lift the ski's over a jump and sliding around a corner if you want to. The 137's are planted and the overall ride is better for sure. If you ride rough trails all the time, a 137 is a better choice. But, if the trails are taken care of ( groomed regularly ) the 129 is still a great sled. Keep in mind that if you modify the 129, it will drop in value come selling time. I wouldn't touch 129 to 137 conversation sled with a 39 and half foot pole.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Seeing how textron dumped the 129, you could be sitting on a gold mine, so to speak. Personally I like the 129's ( I have 2 of them) they still have that "fun" factor of being ale to lift the ski's over a jump and sliding around a corner if you want to. The 137's are planted and the overall ride is better for sure. If you ride rough trails all the time, a 137 is a better choice. But, if the trails are taken care of ( groomed regularly ) the 129 is still a great sled. Keep in mind that if you modify the 129, it will drop in value come selling time. I wouldn't touch 129 to 137 conversation sled with a 39 and half foot pole.
Not really. I have a 129 in a 2018 and there is little to no difference in the ride and handling between the two. A grand total of 4" and one bar on the snow difference. You really cant feel the difference and as far as ski lift, neither of my sleds do much. I prefer it that way though. 129's are going to be a thing of the past. The hand writing is on the wall already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a great place to get everything USA tracks but my buddy’s 137 rides so much better
It’s a easy to do conversion and easy to change back thanks for everybody’s opinion

Not really. I have a 129 in a 2018 and there is little to no difference in the ride and handling between the two. A grand total of 4" and one bar on the snow difference. You really cant feel the difference and as far as ski lift, neither of my sleds do much. I prefer it that way though. 129's are going to be a thing of the past. The hand writing is on the wall already.
[/

·
Registered
573 Posts
I cannot tell the difference except that my 2020 has iAct so I can stiffen it up compared to my 2018 ES.

·
Administrator
7,674 Posts
Maybe we should discuss how to get your 129 to ride better? My 8000 is a 2015 with the dreaded fox float 3's . Sold those in favor of LXR front shocks and never looked back. Also upgraded the rear coil spring to the 2016 specs for the 129 ( yours should have that stock) A few tweaks and maybe a shock rebuild and maybe your 129 will ride like a dream. Last ride of last year I rode my wife's '16 LXR 6000. If I closed my eyes I couldnt tell which sled I was on. They rode the same, very nice. Mine is a snow pro or was a SP. Only difference between the 2 sleds are the rear shocks, hers are ACT, mine are fox. We rode over some spaced out moguls for about 1.5 miles. I passed a renegade( 120 inch track) sitting down. He was standing because it was so rough. I was going at least 7 mph faster and was comfortable. For what its worth, he sold that sled after that ride. Bought a 137 doo, but was planning on the 129 doo blizzard. The 137 was more affordable is why. I'll let you know how that one rides, we are going up in a few days. FWIW, I had my fox floats rebuilt to ride better by a reputable shock guy ( name with held) He messed them up so bad I hated that sled. Dumped those shocks and bought brand new take-offs from an LXR. One of the biggest mistakes made are messing with the suspension to get a sled to turn. If done incorrectly, it will turn better but ride worse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a tracks usa 129 to 137 1.5 ripsaw 2 kit. On my f1000. For $750 easy to install iluv it best 750 i ever spent with xcs skis i now get on top in deep snow handles way better on trails also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put a tracks usa 129 to 137 1.5 ripsaw 2 kit. On my f1000. For $750 easy to install iluv it best 750 i ever spent with xcs skis i now get on top in deep snow handles way better on trails also
Thanks bud that’s what I was looking for someone who has done it every one has a Opinion and that’s cool

did yours ride better on non groomed trails after the kit ??
I love my sled it handles amazing and great riding sled I just want to not have to stand every time we get into big whoops
And save my back a little
Thanks for your info

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe we should discuss how to get your 129 to ride better? My 8000 is a 2015 with the dreaded fox float 3's . Sold those in favor of LXR front shocks and never looked back. Also upgraded the rear coil spring to the 2016 specs for the 129 ( yours should have that stock) A few tweaks and maybe a shock rebuild and maybe your 129 will ride like a dream. Last ride of last year I rode my wife's '16 LXR 6000. If I closed my eyes I couldnt tell which sled I was on. They rode the same, very nice. Mine is a snow pro or was a SP. Only difference between the 2 sleds are the rear shocks, hers are ACT, mine are fox. We rode over some spaced out moguls for about 1.5 miles. I passed a renegade( 120 inch track) sitting down. He was standing because it was so rough. I was going at least 7 mph faster and was comfortable. For what its worth, he sold that sled after that ride. Bought a 137 doo, but was planning on the 129 doo blizzard. The 137 was more affordable is why. I'll let you know how that one rides, we are going up in a few days. FWIW, I had my fox floats rebuilt to ride better by a reputable shock guy ( name with held) He messed them up so bad I hated that sled. Dumped those shocks and bought brand new take-offs from an LXR. One of the biggest mistakes made are messing with the suspension to get a sled to turn. If done incorrectly, it will turn better but ride worse.
My 129 does ride great as is
Everyone rides different I’m a fast rider on non groomed trails a lot long track will be better for my conditions
I got my short track 5k off on a over stock so upgrades not a problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just make sure when you order it call them on the phone sleds require a longer axel for back wheels and buy a 2 ply track not 1 ply
Ok I called them yesterday and got some prices together
They did not say anything about the axel I’ll have to make sure I get it when I call them back to order

1 - 20 of 22 Posts