Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pick my track down just the center. How many pics do I need and what lenght? The track is an inch and just isn't cutting it. Also can carbides make enough of a difference on my f8 or is a set of c&a's a must?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello i have a 2007 f1000 lxr wiht 128" track and 1" lug i decided to go with 204 woody's sigs. I put 1.175's in mine. It helped a ton but still not as good as a 1.25 track with studs would be. I put 2 sets of double backers in each row so that makes it 204. Just my opinion on what i did. If you need to know anything else just ask thanks, [email protected]

·
Registered
411 Posts
some things you can do for the 07 F8 is what has been done to the 07's F's in general...my wifes F8 LXR has the following...snowstuds.com...153 1.175 in stubs down the middle, which can be seen at www.snowstuds.com for the pattern
but....
1. tighten the limiter strap by one inch...
2. loosen you rears front shock spring
3. go with 8 in dual carbides of your choice to your skiis

with these changes and add ons my wife sled runs like a champ and she can now corner nearly like she used to on her old ZR 700

hope these help

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (talonbourne01 @ Nov 19 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
some things you can do for the 07 F8 is what has been done to the 07's F's in general...my wifes F8 LXR has the following...snowstuds.com...153 1.175 in stubs down the middle, which can be seen at www.snowstuds.com for the pattern
but....
1. tighten the limiter strap by one inch...
2. loosen you rears front shock spring
3. go with 8 in dual carbides of your choice to your skiis

with these changes and add ons my wife sled runs like a champ and she can now corner nearly like she used to on her old ZR 700

hope these help[/b]
This is what I want to hear. I don't expect it to corner like the zr's but it definately needs the 8 or 9 in carbides. I already did the limiter strap and shock adjustment but it still pushes way too much. I hope the carbides will cure my problem. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts