Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about looking at a 500 Snopro but it only comes with the 128" track. I was hoping to get something with atleast a 136" for off trail but I'm not sure how well it would float. Have they moved the front wheels forward so there's more track on the ground or would i be better off getting the 141" I really don't like the look of the Crossfire. but I would consider it if I have to. I'm riding a 136" now on an older sled and it seems to be just enough for the riding I do a 121" wouldn't be much good in 4' of powder off trail but I could be wrong. Any thoughts would be great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There will be others on here who know a lot more than I do. I have a firecat with the 13.5" wide 128" track. That thing can dig a trench. I am upgrading our sleds to a longer track. Minimum of 136", maybe even 141".

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kind of what I thought it would do. I really wish you could get the Snopro with the 141". I really don't like the look of the Crossfire and M series. So mabey I'll have to look in to something older I do love the look of the Snopro sleds I wonder if a 141" skid could be put on one with a small tunnel extension?

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (minidriver @ Nov 11 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am thinking about looking at a 500 Snopro but it only comes with the 128" track. I was hoping to get something with atleast a 136" for off trail but I'm not sure how well it would float. Have they moved the front wheels forward so there's more track on the ground or would i be better off getting the 141" I really don't like the look of the Crossfire. but I would consider it if I have to. I'm riding a 136" now on an older sled and it seems to be just enough for the riding I do a 121" wouldn't be much good in 4' of powder off trail but I could be wrong. Any thoughts would be great.[/b]
Not sure if you could install 136" or 144" on a 500 SnoPro. From my experience owning 121", 128" with 1" or 1.375" and 136" over the years...My first choice would be 136" with 1.25". Lots of fun riding in the soft powder and never got stuck even I rode in 36" of snow in a overnight snowstorm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruger2506 @ Nov 12 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There will be others on here who know a lot more than I do. I have a firecat with the 13.5" wide 128" track. That thing can dig a trench. I am upgrading our sleds to a longer track. Minimum of 136", maybe even 141".[/b]
Firecats can only go either Firecat or Sabercat EXT's 144" or 151" via aftermarket company as I don't remember who makes 'em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts