Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had and an old Warn winch drum laying around so I decided to machine it down and weld it my new winch drum. Had to cut and extend the internal drive shaft as well as build new bars for the top and bottom.

This winch mod is the best! it is so handy. I have it mounted to my rear frame and with the front winch out I have over 170 feet of useable rope!

Here is the result.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,644 Posts
Do you have a pic of it mounted?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep.
Here is the mounted position. The relay is on a switch so you can run the winch without the key.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,644 Posts
Nice!!! Does it get hot from the pipe?

·
Registered
435 Posts
125 foot! That is a little insane dont ya think haha. I think your battery would give up around 80 foot or so. But all is good because your like me. There is no such thing as to much! Man i wish I had that winch on my old Polais when I went to the hatfield and mccoy trails. I had a belt go when I made it down the bottom of a black and red trail. Needless to say it was pure hell making it back up and that winch you have would of saved me alot of potty mouth

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it doesn't get hot at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.