Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Got a 2001 or 2000 for my son and a dumb question for you: Does this run on mix or pump gas? Icant find any label on it nor can I find an owners manual online. Tank was dry and carb pretty clean but it only wants to run at about 1/4 choke - so I want to be sure I'm running the right fuel before getting real deep into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to have myself on the forum as well. Its an A C 120z or z120, manufactured 7 - 2000. Ill figure out the choke problem eventually but I really am unsure if this runs on straight pump gas or 50:1. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Straight gas as it has a crankcase and an oil fill tube. You should be able to see a dipstick on the side opposite the cylinder if it's a 2001. 2000's don't have a dipstick but oil fill is on same side.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great. Hey thanks a lot for the replies. I was thinking pump gas because I noticed the oil sump and the machine is really clean, so I doubt theres any stickers missing that would have indicated to use mix gas. The PO told me it ran on mix, so i guess he was cleaning the plug all the time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts