Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hows it goin? I would like to put some new tires on my new 400, i know i will lose some power.... i would like to put some 27 in kenda executioners on? i would also like to go with 12 in. all the way around, but still stay with the stock rims?? is that possible without wheel spacers? what do you all think of those tires? they look pretty awesome...but do they work? i know i am going to need a clutch kit, so that is going to be in the order too.
all help appreciated. thanks ahead of time.

I also would like to snorkel my 400, I know it would be easy to norkel the air box and belt intake... but how are you guys doing the belt exhaust snorkel??? pics would be great!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
A 400 with 27' tires alone is gonna be hard on your bike, clutch kit or not, not to mention having 12' width all way around... WHY? Your steering is gonna be poor, your gonna have a ton of power loss and you might want to invest in a couple set of axles for every month or so with those aggressive wide tires.... IMO I wouldn't suggest this at all, but to each their own I guess.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 12" all the way around does look good but, I dont think it would be a wise choice. As far as having to get spacers I think you would have to have them just on the front, mabye like 1" or so.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured that.... should've bought the 500.

OH well.. How about 26's.... with a clutch kit. 12in. in the rear, 10's in the front? i would also like to snorkel... any pics on the rear snorkel??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spang400, How in the world do you turn 30 in tires??????

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I still wouldn't suggest 12'' wide tires on a 500, still way to hard on the bike. If your doing purely mud competitions etc, maybe yeah but for everyday mixed driving, hell no.... I have an 06 H1 and I'm running 9's in the front, 12's in the back, great combo. Running larger tires on a 400 you will have huge premature wearing of parts, could get really expensive for something that looks "cool"..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those arent 30.....I have 27x9.5 in the front and 27x12 in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts