Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How relyable is the speedometer on those machine . I own a F8LXR and it usualy do 98-101 mph on the lake depending on how packed the snow is.

Today, I hit 109 mph in about 2000 feets. The machine is stock, it was on plowed lake at a -20 degree.

Can that machine really do that fast.

BTW. I suggest to you all to adjust the belt deflection past 300-400 miles. That 0.30 shim made a hell of a difference.

Greatmush

·
Registered
19 Posts
Usually the speedos are bang. But there can sometimes be track spin. A 129.00 $ Garmin Etrex GPS from Canadian tire or Walmart will give all the accuracy u need. My GPS has a sticker on it that says " the bullshit stops here" . :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
We did some testing on sunday, and the speedo #'s were identical to the #'s on the stalker radar gun. 111mph in 1000', time after time, kinda bumpy field, a little un-nerving at those speeds the first couple of runs. Thanks for the power D&D.

·
Registered
138 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boombastic @ Jan 24 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Usually the speedos are bang. But there can sometimes be track spin. A 129.00 $ Garmin Etrex GPS from Canadian tire or Walmart will give all the accuracy u need. My GPS has a sticker on it that says " the bullshit stops here" . :D[/b]

That is so true, :) I love to shut guys up who are saying that a srx 700 can do 125 mph. I just toss them my GPS and say prove it....more often that not the gps reads 105 not 125...

My F7 does 166km/hr or about 103 mph. And I have yet to see a stock sled go 125mph on hard pack. Mach Z's included
my2cents

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:super_happy: With the Garmin GPS thingy, I pulled 105 m/h with a small tailwind and I usaully run 104 .

I have about 20 pounds of tool in the lug compartement. Fast enough for me.

Mush

1 - 6 of 6 Posts