Perty Spendy

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i know one that is built even more then that and its pretty crazy

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You could piece together a performance kit like this for probably a little more then half the money they're asking. Be nice to see what 105 HP feels on a ATV. I know what 102 HP feels like with a SxS after testing out a Maverick Xrs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have talked to alot of people who owns built tcats and wildcats. I have spent hours of reading and on the phone to sort the BS snake oil from real performance. I wanted a build tcat but was concerned about the drive train holding up to the extra power.
Speedwerx makes a nice slip on pipe but thats about all.
I called them about that kit. The 105hp is at the crank. Which means it might do 75-80 at the wheels. Their expensive headwork is overpriced and not needed for the hp gains that kit offers.Speedwerx cams add very little if any hp and add a ton of tuning issues.After Midnight racing has the best cams and are alot cheaper than speedwerx cams. Now trinity racing has a kit that does 101hp at Wheels and it has billet jugs which are alot stronger than speedwerx stock bored jugs. Their kit costs less $$$ and they have dyno runs on video to prove the performance. They show the warm up dyno runs and hit 101+RHWP on dyno run 4#. Now thats REAL HP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does trinity racing have kits for tcat or is it just for wildcats? My '08 tcat needs some serious steroids but the speedwerx big bore kit is so expensive that it is out of the question :wacko:. The cat is at the pieces now and it would be a great time to do something for the engine.

I didnt find any amr camshafts for tcat either.. Let me know if you guys know some good tips, pls. Those yellow chickens smokes my cat too often..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ha 105 at crank.that's so funny so after 3500 you up to polaris and can ams stock.there are cats laying down more that that at wheels belive me.that is money wasted.if you want to go fast and cook them chickens don't bother with them speedwerx kits.its same stuff they been puttin out just with a little wildcat added.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Dude what's up with the dynos funky HP/TQ curves. I've never seen them do circles like that ever and I've been around many dynos. Also why did it seem like the rpm was so short? Almost like the dyno rollers weren't set to the correct load and letting the WC rev quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts