Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just got back from a 1000km ride and there was all kinds of trail conditions from fresh powder, icy,granular,flat groomed,real rough and to top it off -40 degrees celcius. all i did was fire the sled up in the morning, let it warm up and drive it and put fuel in it . i didnt worry about all of the stuff on here about ice build up,over heating probs. ect.ect ect. yes there was some ice build up but if you drive the sled hard enough the ice will just fall off. i also had some anti freeze leak but at that temp i was sure it wasnt gonna over heat and just drove it. the only adjustment i made was increased the front shock pressure to get more ski pressure as the conditions changed and it turned like it was on rails. so i think everyone who has seen someof this happen to them just drive it till she breaks and stop being picky about little things that are not reallybig problems. if a motor blows then thats a problem. remember the days of driving anything older well try getting back on one and sled for 20kms and you will appreciate the newer sleds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Amen Brother

You said it I drive a 91 arctic cat Jag AFS special with a 1976 500 spirit engine. I break down every little trip I go on and still have fun most recently I skirted a piston and it pretty much ruined my winter but still no complaints cause I love sledding and up until that point I was haveing a blast. So to those that have castistrophic failiers I say definatly complain to cat, but to those who are sweating the small stuff try and think back to the days when if you didnt break down or have some kind of anoyance is because you didnt leave your yard!ClapRockerdude:lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts