Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, how fast are everyone's 1000 's mine only goes 95/96 mph on a lake packed snow many runs 1 mile stretch stock 500 miles no reflash very rich 91 octane gas forgot to add 196 studs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Saw 104 without really trying...really short plowed road!!

Have not been in the right conditions to wind her out yet...

·
Registered
128 Posts
118 on perfect conditions, stock, 110 no problem. Mods I hope go on this weekend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mkehler @ Feb 27 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
gps'd 118-119 before and after the reflash[/b]
Thats encourageing, I just got my ECU back Monday going to try it out this weekend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mkehler @ Feb 27 2007, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
gps'd 118-119 before and after the reflash[/b]
Have you done anything to get these kind of speeds? Clutching/gearing? What conditions? 87 oct gas? Max RPMS?

Pretty sure I'm not going to see these speeds without mods/changes...

I think my Simmons skis are dragging me back a bit, plus the standard has a higher windshield than the sno pro. These would probably make a 4-5 MPH difference.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I am glad to hear that when I get the sled issues corrected that it will crank. I love the ride the 4+ days I was able to ride it .

I did notice when my ECU was reflashed the 3rd time... the sled only turned 6900 rpms. Originally I could go over 100 quickly. Never had it WOT... sled was pulling like a freight train and I'd let off... didn't know the rail bed. Then the sled went down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer was told by AC that the 1000 motors need 600 to even 1000 miles before they will reach top speed. Hope that is true I will let everyone know I only have 500 miles stock only studs

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
800s gained till about 300 miles. We had a f8 and cf8 both were the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thats 119 with everything stock including clutching, running 91 octane so far, from a post I read today I think I might try 87 this weekend, they just got a bunch of fresh snow so I doubt I will get that kind of ground speed anyway

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, today finally got to try out the sled on a decent packed lake.

Didn't look at the speedo but my GPS recorded a max speed of 110 mph...rpm's topping out about 7400-7450

I think aligning my track helped as when I checked it last night it was way out of alignment. Definitely scrubing speed against the inner track lugs on one side. Also, noticed an exhaust spring had popped off and exhaust was pretty mobile. Checked this because I was hearing a new exhaust sound. Retrieved spring from belly pan. Looks like there had been some exhaust leaking/spraying from join to y-pipe due to missing spring. Gotta keep watching these things. Had brake line melting to can earlier and lost a front shock spring retainer when spring backed off on its own. Makes me wonder how much **** dropped off my sleds when I just use to ride em and forget em!!

I think with slightly harder pack/ice and a tailwind I could see 115+

I feel for the guys with F1000's barely breaking 100 mph... although some are running strong.

Sled has 900+ miles on it now. Still a bit rich when first started, but otherwise OK. Mpg=11-13 BTW, my oil ratio is about 44:1 so I'm incline to leave it be. Also my belt is resting slightly under the edge of the secondary but again the Rpm's seem dead on so I think I won't fiddle.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts