Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting into a new non current 2010 crossfire R. dealer has either 1000s or 8 ho. a buddy says his 1000 would spank his new 800 but i would like to hear what you guys think . Which would be faster on top? which one has more bottom end? how is reliability?
which would you guys prefer ?
thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the 1000 crossfire great engine no realiablity issues heard that the 1000 and the 800 ho are very close in side by side hae not witness it yet although the 800 should be a bit lighter

·
Registered
162 Posts
I owned a 2008 CF1000 and now have a 2010 CF 800 HO. The HO feels faster but I bet the 1000 would win a race over 1/4 mile. The snappy throttle response of the HO is a blast and lighter makes it handle better. I would buy the HO.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Dead stock the 1000 only has a minor advantage, but the torque feel is really nice & having power down low is great.

DO ANY MODS... and the 8 is a joke in comparison.
The 1000 wakes up with such minor stuff it's crazy, where the same things on an 8 actually lose you power.

If you're not gonna mod.. go with the 8, better reliability, better belt life, and they still make it, so parts are going to be easier to find in the future (not that I'm concerned about the parts for the 1000)

I've had 3 800's (still have two) and 3 1000's... so not really too biased. Can't imagine buying an 8 without a turbo though!!:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
like stated above if going to mod do the 1000. the 1000s are a blast torque like a fright train hard to stay off the gas. with that size piston revving up they do vibrate allot they do have torque to spare and that torque also can move your motor around and can be hard on mounts.few guys out there selling mounts like the linderman for about 130bucks the motor stays put and the belts and mounts last.
historically the 800s hold value better more of a broad appeal prob just a lot of tampon wearers out there afraid of the power

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
you can also just buy the 4th mount which is already set up to bolt to the motor.

you need assembly 17. the mounts are there, if you follow the #7 bolt line, there's another mount to the right that looks exactly like it, and is unused.

This is around $50 from Michelle, and takes nothing to install it, pop the belly pan, put in 4 bolts.

Reactions: Jeff931

·
Registered
121 Posts
minor mods

you mention minor mods to the 1000 what kind of mods can you do without sacrificing realiabity

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
boon docker.
perhaps you missed the reliability part? ;D

my last 09 had head, y, intake, oil delete, and can with no BD box. At lower elevation you would likely need a fuel pressure reg or a box, and the LAST one I would recommend is the BD. attitude, pure logic, and power commander all make good boxes that are less twitchy than the bd for tuning your self, and without a pipe, you're not going to be changing the peak rpm range (much) so you've got a MUCH easier sled to tune.

As soon as you add a pipe & a BD box, you're going to need to be dorking around with it.

oh, and CLUTCHING... HUGE, get it right on ANY sled and it's a big difference, the 1000 just magnifies it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bikeman performance makes a kit for the 1000 makes about 195 h.p. has everything from the exhaust to Bd to clutch kit for both clutches so its just install and ride, other parts also. then they have 1200 big bore kit makes roughly around 210 hp.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Yeah, Joey has got a good setup, just like the other companies.

The funny thing is that none of them have done a "full" setup without doing a pipe. You'd be amazed (I and MANY others around here were) what the 1000 will do with the other mods but without pipe.

People are just SOOO used to putting pipes on 2 strokes, that they don't realize what can be gained without one.

About to break my rule btw, buying my wife a 2012 800... without a turbo. Should be interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts