Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Morning I Go Out To Start My Wildcat & The Gas Pedle Is Froze Have To Warm Up & Play With Gas For About 40 Min
My ? Is There Any Thing I Can Put On The Cable To Keep Water Out Of It & It Feels Like There Is A Rubber Boot On The End Buy Motor
Is ThereI dunno
Yes I Know This Is Not The Wildcat Forum But More Peps Here Have 1000 Motors Here
Thanks

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've taken the cables off of wheelers before and forced isopropyl alcohol in them with air. It will displace the water. Then spray in a silicon type spray to lube it.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Sir
Suppos I Will Have To Take It 1/2 Apart To Do This:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
My riding lawn mower/ snowblower would do this also, heated it up with hair dryer, till it would move, then doused it with some aero-kroil, and not a single problem the rest of the winter, aside from the starter freezing up.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My riding lawn mower/ snowblower would do this also, heated it up with hair dryer, till it would move, then doused it with some aero-kroil, and not a single problem the rest of the winter, aside from the starter freezing up.
Thank You Sir Whats aero-kroil ?

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rick
Have To See If I Can Get Some Here In Mn.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
I had a similar problem with my brother in laws joyner buggy. I solved it by putting it in the heated garage overnight and then used compressed air to blow water out of the line. I didn't remove the cable from the sleeve, but did have to remove from the carb and pedal Once I got all the water I could get out, I sprayed cable lube, (wd 40 would work too) into one end and then used the air compressor to blow it through the line. Repeated this several times until I felt the line was well lubed. That was last year winter, no problems this year. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Thanks Rick
Have To See If I Can Get Some Here In Mn.
If you can't find it let me know there is a store in town that sells it. I can ship you some. Aerokroil is about the best thing I've used.

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Wyo had a post that showed the torque factors it took to loosen bolts after using a variety of these products including this one. The best results were obtained using a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts