Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a little more lug than the 1" track but do not want to sacrifice alot of topend. Anyone try a 1.25" ripsaw?

·
Registered
703 Posts
From what i have heard, the rip saw is just as heavy as the 1.375" sno-pro track. Ditch'rocket on this site has that track though. Try asking him.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F_ast @ Mar 16 2007, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
From what i have heard, the rip saw is just as heavy as the 1.375" sno-pro track. Ditch'rocket on this site has that track though. Try asking him.[/b]

don't bother! or at least wait a day or two.
it blew apart this weekend,and then the next day another one self destructed on a ski doo.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gives A hole New Meaning To RIPSAW.... By Lookin in The left side pic the lil Saw

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im also Looking For Something smaller then the 1.375 Sno Pro Track... What Would you guyz recomend For DragRacing And (Some) Trail riding ... Ripsaw, Hacksaw, ect And what Kinda studs should i look into Should i mix chisels With Orther studs?? And how many would do i only weight 165 lbs And the sled is a 2006 F7 EFI Snowpro dd.. Oh And would i notice an improvment on top end Thanks guy Any info is apreciated...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I put on a 1.25 it would not be a ripsaw, I already know that. I have an 05 rx1 and it was the first thing I took off, I hate that track. I was thinking of a fully clipped predator if they make them for the F series

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I like the cone style ones for trail riding. Connected cone style for deeper snow with a good on-trail manner. It seems that the Rip-Saw and the Hack-Saw are kinda soft witch is good for traction but sucks for longevity.

~Fast

·
Registered
75 Posts
if anybody from around northeast wants to trade tracks i will. Their 1 3/8 inch for my 1inch studded w/ 170 studs. Has about 1000 miles on it. In great shape with no ripped out studs or any damage to it. I just want more of a powder track

·
Registered
703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sledsearcher @ Mar 16 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F_ast @ Mar 16 2007, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what i have heard, the rip saw is just as heavy as the 1.375" sno-pro track. Ditch'rocket on this site has that track though. Try asking him.[/b]
That is not the case at all...see Nick's post 1.25" Ripsaw save 6lbs.

6lbs of rotating mass is significant... :beer_cheers:
[/b][/quote]

Really? 6lbs? I thought they were about the same weight. I guess you learn something new everyday!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wasent overly impressed with the track, only reallly hooked good on groomed trails. Anything soft and it wasent much better than the stock 1". I think the main reason the tracks 6lbs lighter is its clipped every other window while the 1.375 is fully clipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts