Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into picking up a new sled and I think it is time a least to explore a four stroke. was thinking about a Z1 Turbo. in specific a 09 Z1 Turbo since one is avaible to me. It just seems llike a whole different ball game from it two stroke brethren. I love my 06 CF7 and have no problem with staying in that chassis but heard some good thing about the twin spar chassis. Also like the ease of the two stroke. Any info on your experience with the Z1 would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't speak about the turbo but I do have a 2007 Z1 Jaguar with the regular engine and love the machine. This is the best riding chassis Arctic Cat has ever built. I just replaced a 2005 Sabrecat with a second Z1. I've had 2 strokes since the first 2002 model and love them. No expensive oil to buy and no more smell. I would have no reservations about buying one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have both the 4 stroke Z1 and the F8 (wifes) in the twin spar chassis...for one if you haven't ridden the twin spar...do...it is just the best platform out there bar none...ride all day and get up the next day and do it again...as for the engines...the F8 will beat the Z1 after they get up above 85 MPH...both get about the same MPG and I don't have to deal with the oil every ride...nor the smell in the clothes...there is a weight penalty...but you never notice it unless you have to lift it...

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Z1-TURBO SNOPRO @ Nov 16 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol f8 beat the z1 whats the matter with your z1 my z1 sp will kick the **** out of your f8 no prob lol makes me laugh[/b]
I'd bet it's probably because he's talking about the non-turbo Z1.................

·
Registered
205 Posts
I met up with a fellow last winter at one of the popular stops. He was riding a beautiful Z1 Turbo Sno Pro. So i went over to chat ( trying hard not to drool all over his new sled) and he said it was only running 105 MPH on the top end, and that even once broken in, he didn't think he would see 115. I was quite surprised with that reply, as the 800's would definately be an issue (especially older triples) . Beautiful sled, but for that kind of coin, and that much rated HP, it HAS to outperform EVERYTHING, STOCK vs STOCK. I do know there was some kind of secondary clutch issue, which was likely hurting performance somewhat.
chflagwv:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts