1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Try new spark plugs.

·
Registered
435 Posts
+1 on the plugs. Records show mine had 300 miles and had running issues. They changed the plugs and ran 100% afterwards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put new plugs in. Set the valves. Looked at the wiring. I ran it for a hour yesterday. Turn it off. Than try to start it again it won't start. 5 hours later it did. Runs good when it runs.

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Take your ECU off and check for blisters or signs of damage on the back. Dielectric grease the connections and try again. Let us know if it changes

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Do you know anybody with one you could try. Did you grease the connector

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did all the connectors. I know nobody with the same wheeler. They All have 500, or 700. I have a 650 h1 too. It will turn over and fire. But not start after you shut it off. Wait 4 to 5 hours it will start. I'm now living in forest lake MN.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
the ecu get hot. its not burned. but it is getting hot.
Cool it down faster (ice perhaps) and see if it will start sooner than 5 hours. I would think a little ice would cool it down within an hour???

If it does, chances are you need a new ECU or perhaps ignition coil(s) is sorted and placing too high a load on the ECU causing it to overheat. Ohm test on ignition coils pass service manual specifications? I suppose shorted fuel injector could also place an excess load on the ECU and cause it to get hotter than normal.

The connector pins on the ECU plug(s) are sometimes known to pull out of the connector housing a little and resulting in an intermittent contact that may be heat sensitive?

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
I have an ECU if it turns out you need one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts