Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 550 TRV EFI that I believe has Fuel pump issues. I disassembled and had planned on replacing the fuel pump assembly, but apparently AC no longer is making the service assembly and there no aftermarket assemblies.
I was able to purchase a pump , regulator, and float/ sensor to rebuild the assembly, but I have 1 major issue. There is a grommet / gasket that seals against the plastic housing, and reading on here it is required to maintain fuel pressure, see the first pic.
Non of the kits I can find have this grommet/ gasket with them. when you look up that assembly it does not break it down to have a part number for this part, the intent was to sell the assembly not the components I assume..

Does anyone know of a replacement part that is designed or will work for this Grommet/ gasket? If you do I would greatly appreciate any details.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,032 Posts
Lots of models around 2009 had bad fuel pumps. You should be able to replace the pump and get it going again.
It’s just half inch fuel line on the top of the pump. Most times replacement pumps on eBay come with all the gaskets but the one on top of the fuel pump is 1/2” automotive fuel line.
Look for a fuel pump for the 80s-90s Mustangs and just make sure the plastic ends match.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of models around 2009 had bad fuel pumps. You should be able to replace the pump and get it going again.
It’s just half inch fuel line on the top of the pump. Most times replacement pumps on eBay come with all the gaskets but the one on top of the fuel pump is 1/2” automotive fuel line.
Look for a fuel pump for the 80s-90s Mustangs and just make sure the plastic ends match.

Thanks man I really appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts