Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading a couple threads on the front diff problems associated with the 08s and some of the 09s. Is there a date stamp somewhere on the bike to say the date of manufacture? Have a 09 550h1 and was wondering if i should be taking the diff apart to check if i have a faulty one. Was there an actual date that they fixed this problem on the 09s or am i way off base ? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
take the hour and pull the diff cover and check.

·
Administrator
40,645 Posts
This is the chitty weld Metal Tool accessory Cylinder Machine

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does that pin go right through, & welded from both sides? Does it need to be ground flush after re-welding, or is there enough clearance. Does it need to be "balanced" I have a 09 TRV. Were there problems with this model too?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Does that pin go right through, & welded from both sides? Does it need to be ground flush after re-welding, or is there enough clearance. Does it need to be "balanced" I have a 09 TRV. Were there problems with this model too?
bold 1 = yes
bold 2 = yes
bold 3 = yes
bold 4 = no
bold 5 = no
bold 6 = yes ( i STRONGLY suggest anyone with a 2008-2009 arctic cat 4x4 atv to pull the front diff and check and reweld)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i am in the process of tearing the bike apart. Can the diff come apart without taking the whole thing off the bike? Have the service manual here but was wondering if the diff will come apart without taking both sides of the bike apart or is it a full meal deal ? Basically have one side apart, the diff cover apart and looking at the bearing and nothing wants to budge. Taking a break and back at er! thanks.

·
Administrator
40,645 Posts
You have to pull both axles

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I pulled the other side and voila the guts came out no prob. Turns out i had the good welds which was good news. All back together and leaving for a test run. Hopefully it all holds together. lol. Thanks for the advice and the help.

·
Administrator
40,645 Posts
Peace of mind is priceless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.