Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I feel privlaged to be one of the few that has rode this beast, My good friend and riding buddie works for a well known Ski-Doo dealer here in wisconsin, they got a 08 REV2 800powertech tuesday and I was able to take it for a ripp. All I can say is WOW, a powerhouse to say the least, I could pick up the rear of the sled with one hand all the way to my chest (6'6) and the front wasn't much heavier. It was not a "production" model but a prototype so there may be some bit of changes but the only complaint is that it wasn't as smooth as my F7 for sure, but it did carry the ski's the whole time I was on the flipper. I did not ri[pp it to much maybe 4-5 second bursts cuz a dealer in Colorodo wreked on and Doo charged them $45,000 for the sled since it was a proto. But my buddie said at 60 or so it feels like a turbo kicking in. Rider possition is pretty daamn good, I feel very comfortable and tons of leg room. I hate to sound like a Ski-Doo slaesman but I just thought I would shed some light on the new rev.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mortythebison @ Feb 28 2007, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I forgot to mention, after I took it out, a couple guys took it and ran it against an '07 F8 SP and the Doo was ahead 7 sled lenghts before they let off. The guys also said they'd each have a new Rev-XP for next season and I don't give a sh*t either way, but I believe them.[/b]
The one guy at the dealer raced a Mach at the Dealer show and said it was dead even, kinda makes you wonder if there is something in store for the mach, can't see them making a mach that gets beat by the 800.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F6 monster @ Feb 28 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ew, i hope you washed your hands really good. lol. i think your dealer ripped your friend off 45 grand???!! no way man.[/b]
It was a dealer in COLORADO not the one in Wisconsin, It may be a scare tactic to keep people from trashing the demo sled, but it may be true, considering a prototype is probly hand built and tons of r&d time it may be worth 45,000 to Ski-Doo. :stop_nono:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.