Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I also took the new Doo out for a quick spin and can say everything mentioned above is spot on. Skis come off the ground up to at least 70 mph (I had to let off because I was only wearing my open MX helmet). Although wheelies are neat for a bit, they make for very slow corner exiting speeds. The rear was set fully coupled but way too soft and probably just needs some adjustments. I also flexed my muscles for the ladies and picked up the front and rear and it is way lighter than my 05' F7 SP with 1" track and can (800R had a 1.25" track). The demo unit had the premium gauges and they are almost reason enough alone to get one. I can't say enough for how Ski-Doo has advanced the technology for our sport.

I know everyone trying to justify their purchase of the new F-Chassis says they ride so great. Well, that's what you get when you build a big heavy machine (the unsprung weight becomes small in relation to the sprung weight). Think of a big fat old Cadillac, even with a solid rear axle, they seem to float over anything.

Personally, I'm a sports car guy. I don't mind taking a little punishment to ride a light, fast, sexy sled. I actually feel a bit cheated the next morning if I'm not a bit soar in places, like maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough.

A person's blood will have to be pretty green to to not be thouroghly impressed by Ski-Doo's new Rev-Xp. Too bad for Ski-Doo that I'm not parting with my Firecat anytime soon.

· Registered
9 Posts
I forgot to mention, after I took it out, a couple guys took it and ran it against an '07 F8 SP and the Doo was ahead 7 sled lenghts before they let off. The guys also said they'd each have a new Rev-XP for next season and I don't give a sh*t either way, but I believe them.

· Registered
9 Posts
Ok boys,

I've got another race result for you all. I've got a couple budies that took the 800R out against their '05 Mach (stockish). The Rev-XP pulled a decent holeshot on the Mach (1.25" Ice Ripper) and it wasn't untill +90 mph when the Mach started to slowly fight back.

They also felt the exagerated weight transver kills the sled, but by the way they are talking, one of them will have one for us to try to tame for next year.

To put a smile on the face of all us Cat guys, on their ride home after the test drive, the engine in their m '06 Rev 800 popped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.