Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I was wanting some opinions on porting.
I have an 08 M1000 with ceramic SLP pipe, Y, & can, Heads milled, Boondocker control box, & reeds as my engine mods.
My question is do you think porting is worth the $? Do you think there is a better place to put that $? Do you think it will make a substantial difference?
Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it would make a substantial difference for the money? Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Porting on the 1000 is very significant, but you have two potential problems with your setup combo.

The SLP pipe doesn't like the other mods like a SW or cutler pipe does, also a milled head on this motor doesn't work well, it creates detonation without creating the power that it should.

A SW pipe, MPM or RKT porting, RKT head, and bdx or other intake work VERY well together.

You can run into problems with mods that do not like each other, the SLP pipe actually doesn't like being run with a head all that well, but by itself it can make good power.

I would call rktech & see what will work with his porting, but from our testing you're going to run into a problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A 1200cc kit is worth considering....
You can still run pump gas and get big power, run in the trees or in the bowls...
Cutler is working on/has a 1300 kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been thinking alot about running the 1200/1300 kit. Does anyone have one, & know the pro/cons?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts