Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems getting the reverse to shift back into forward after backing up a short disgtance. Just got back from a three day'er and coming home today I pushed the reverse button on the handle bar, shifted fine into reverse went to shift back into forward, no-go,. I gave it more time to idle down, no-go, move sled a bit, tried again no-go. After trying three or four more times it finnaly shifted. That happend three times, has that happend to anyone? DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION? Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Possible causes.......

-belt too tight
-track too tight
-had not fully idled down
-on a hard surface (if so, next time try rocking the sled side to side)

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Most important thing to monitor is the brass shim material in the planetary. Easiest way to know if it's got a problem, drain the DD and look closely for flakes of brass.
Been awhile since I've seen it, but odd guy with an '07 saw fork failure. Pretty sure they updated it for '08.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem, I removed the aluminium cover protecting the reverse seloniod, found ice, snow, belt dust it was pretty gummed up. Cleaned all the **** out and gave the gears a good spray of brake cleaner, works great.
I would suggest if you are on a trip and have problems with the reverse not working properly, pull that cover and have a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts