Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what year(s) of Rear Bumper will fit my '08 Cat listed in the title above. I see one that looks like mine listed locally states it fits an '07 but Idk if that's the only year it will fit. It looks the same (the double horizontal tubes w/ top bar somewhat out lining the tail light so it's not blocked off). I'm thinking different years may look the same but but mount differently. Is there also a mounting kit that I'll need in addition to the bumper or does it just bolt directly to the frame? Are there aftermarket rear bumpers that even has a better look & better protection?

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
Have you checked to see if the safety recall has been done on your front diff?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked to see if the safety recall has been done on your front diff?
Yes I did. I had it done at Harley Davidson dealership in Little Rock, AR whom were the ones that I believe also told me about it being that I bought used but still new. I also told my nephew's friend who has the 2010 650 H! but I wasn't sure if his was in the recall or not so I started trying to research it and...........read below:

*** I've check this site out a couple times as well as the main Arctic Cat site & could not find anything that hardly even mentioned the recall on the front differential, so I could tell him whether his was in it or not. Heck, the recall maybe even past a certain date by now to have them do anything about it; especially since they so not actually carry the off-road line anymore.

I thought I read that the "Tracker" label will be on Acrtic Cat ATVs & all off-road & vehicles that they would carry items/parts for the original Arctic Cat off-road line, but will they still cover recalls?
I would think that they will cover warranty items on recent purchases made before the acquisition though.

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
I don't remember which years we a little different. But I got a bumper that didn't fit on my 05. Country cat was nice enough to replace it with the one that fit. My point be careful and look up part numbers to verify.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will bolt right on

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
It will bolt right on

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
6Paxer, I don't know if you are an Arctic Cat guru, ATV mechanic or what, but would you know how one would get a Compatibility Chart for parts & accessories for my '08? A fellow by the name of Deon w/ Arctic Cat is checking on why I can't seem to find (because it's not listed anywhere) a rear bumper. I know you said that one for the '07 would bolt right up to mine but I'm trying to to be very cautious & not spend the $$ on something that I'm not totally sure about. How do you know this for a fact? I've called Babbitt's Arctic Cat Parts Warehouse whom the female c/s rep was perplexed about not finding one as I was, then I emailed them, they replied, requesting VIN etc... which I gave them all the info they would need & more to the effect that all they sent me was the same OEM parts diagram that I've already seen that doesn't even list an OEM rear bumper for it. So, I don't know if all the rear &/or front bumpers I've seen online, in adds or up close have all been After-Market or what. I've seen sights that list all the different years, engines & whether it's a side-by-side, ATV or racing type of bike, but I have yet to see one (Arctic Cat or After-Market retailer) that list a bumper that is compatible w/ my '08 650 H1 ATV 4x4. I know there may have been another engine type (V2, twin head??) but I would think that the Body Type (frame) would've remained the same for at least 4-6 years before changing it up somewhat.

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
The only difference between the 06-7 and the 08 is the racks are smaller on the 08. It takes a bit of manipulating but it will bolt up. You won’t be able to use the two small straps that hold the top of the bumper to the racks. I put an 07 front bumper on my 13

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only difference between the 06-7 and the 08 is the racks are smaller on the 08. It takes a bit of manipulating but it will bolt up. You won’t be able to use the two small straps that hold the top of the bumper to the racks. I put an 07 front bumper on my 13
Thanks for your reply "Doorfx". I knew there couldn't be a lot of difference between a few models/years grouped together. It was just throwing me off when looking it up on part supplier sites & & not seeing anything mentioned. One would think that they could've at least (*) a footnote stating such instead of leaving it up in the air. Thanks again & for previous comments on my posts.

I really love this ATV & hope to keep her going for a long long time. I'm not a mudder, submarine rider or abuser but just want to use it to work when I need it for work & get from camp to my deer stands easily w/o a very long walk. I figure I need to get a rear bumper to help keep me from backing into something & then not able to get a plastic fender, part, etc... I came with front & rear racks as well as a nice sturdy bush guard bumper that I believed all came factory installed. I'll next look for the quick easy disconnect front & rear baskets that are suppose to go with the racks to make it a complete system.

While I got your attention, do you know what can be connected to the capped off wires in the rear, kinda above the gas tank? I figure they could be power wires for a rear spot light or I've also seen some (only a few ATVs though) that had an auxiliary battery in the rear w/ most likely an after-market battery basket holder mounted to frame.

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
It’s there for the arctic cat accessories like a sprayer. It is non keyed power source on the 10 amp acc. Fuse. You can even hook up a trickle charger to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I know GOD in heaven is looking out for me for "Seek & Ye Shall Find". Deon w/ Arctic Cat C/S put me in touch w/ their largest dealer/service center called Country Cat. They were able to look up the correct part # in a jiffy. We communicated very efficiently by text in which he forward me direct links to their site as well for the part I was inquiring about. They were the most helpful aside from all you fellas on this forum. The correct part # for my '08 650 H1 4x4 is #0436-620.
I afterward contacted Deon at Arctic Cat to tell him & ask that they link this part # with the '08s & do an inquiry as to why there are other bumpers that span the years from '96 & '05 all the way up to '18 w/ different part #s but may have the same Body Type, of which I've only seen a Type-A & a Type-B.

Thanks to all who gave input into my long journey. Have great weekend everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts