Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start my wifes 08 650 H1 after we returned from a ride. i am not able to get any electrical power when you turn the key on. It will not light up the dash, spin the starter, or run the winch. If you turn the key all the way to the right the lights come on, but no power to the starter, winch, etc. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check? I tried swapping batteries from my other machines, I tried jumping it with a booster pack. Any ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Check your fuses

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The kill switch is on. How does a person check to see if the kill switch is bad?
with an Ohm meter. The 30 amp main fuse is the one that is usually blown when there is a complete power loss. However there could be other causes as well. Such as a broken wire, loose grounds, corrosion........

Via the links in my signature you can download a wiring diagram that greatly aids trouble shooting electrical problems. In the pinned section there is a link that explains how to print it out on multiple pieces of paper that you can tape together to have a large clear readable wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I would guess a blown fuse. Any updates?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check your battery. What does it measure? Batteries need to be load tested to fully evaluate them but if the voltage is low its a indications it may be bad.

I was not able to jump my wife's TRV when it was completely drained. Charged it and it has been fine since Labor Day, even through the winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I ended up finding the issue. The plug on the ignition switch was not making good contact. I bent the four contacts on the back of the ignition switch down so that it put more pressure on the contacts, and now I have power. It is amazing how something so simple can cause a person so much grief. Thank you everyone for your input!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts