Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Cat Fanatics,
I just recieved my new 570 lx and put in 100 to 1 oil gas mix as specified in the manual. The temp. usaully is -30 ish degree C, and I've gone through 8 plugs in the last 3 days! i'm wondering if it's the combination of the cold and the 100 to 1 oil that's causing the fouled spark plugs. If that is the case then should I put in gas line antifreeze or is it to early to put some in the new engine?, other wise i'm left with no choice but to put my new machine in my heated garage time and time agian, but I really don't want to do that as putting in your snowmobile from the cold to warm place repeatedly causes a gel like substance in the fuel line etc. pla help me out on what should be done.thnx.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Have you contacted your dealer or maybe they just want to sell you more plugs. I would think the cold temps wouldn't make a difference of the gas oil ratio. What is you oil pump set at maybe the dealer set it too rich?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Dec 28 2006, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have you contacted your dealer or maybe they just want to sell you more plugs. I would think the cold temps wouldn't make a difference of the gas oil ratio. What is you oil pump set at maybe the dealer set it too rich?
Just a thought.[/b]
What I meant was I put in 1 liter of oil per 46 liters of gas, and on the manual it says the first tank of gas with the oil causes excessive plug fouling. As for my dealer they're 1500 miles away, so no real help unless on the phone. Any ideas would really help thnx

·
Read Only
0 Posts
ok number 1, we never followed the rules to mixed gas and brake in on the sleds, they have no problem and so forth, #2 tell them to send you plugs, #3 bring the sled in and tell them to fix it, i know you are 1,500 miles away, im hoping you have a warrenty on it, and the way it looks you must be from canada ??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote name='ACBOY09' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:42 PM' post='426564']
ok number 1, we never followed the rules to mixed gas and brake in on the sleds, they have no problem and so forth, #2 tell them to send you plugs, #3 bring the sled in and tell them to fix it, i know you are 1,500 miles away, im hoping you have a warrenty on it, and the way it looks you must be from canada ??
[/quote]
:stop_nono: 1 I put in oil to my first tank of any new snowmobile. 2 plugs aren't covered by warrenty. 3 not unless I have 2500 dollors to spare, which I don't to cover the cost of the shipping my snowmobile to my dealer then I am the only 1 to sevice my machine bang your head

·
Read Only
0 Posts
quote name='ACBOY09' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:42 PM' post='426564']
:stop_nono: 1 I put in oil to my first tank of any new snowmobile. 2 plugs aren't covered by warrenty. 3 not unless I have 2500 dollors to spare, which I don't to cover the cost of the shipping my snowmobile to my dealer then I am the only 1 to sevice my machine bang your head
[/quote]
I DONT GIVE A SHNIT IF THERE WARRENTY OR NOT, FIND SOMEBODY CLOSER TO DO IT FOR YOU, CALL THEM UP AND BITCH EM OUT, MY DEALER IS 10 MIN DOWN THE ROAD AND YEAH I KNOWS IT DIFFERNT BUT IF ITS NOT THE WAY I WANT IT BITCH ABOUT AND I GET IT DONE FOR FREE.

YOUR BEST BET IS TO BITCH ABOUT IT

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Hey Saber Cat. Doesn't every sled near you have this same problem? I would start to look at other options outside the sled. Maybe change oil brands or spark plug brands. I'd be curious to see what happens if you use the BR9EIX (Iridium) Plugs. Not sure if there are available near you but Canadian Tire has them.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Had another thought too. Are you always buying your fuel from the same place? I know the big stations will put additives to clean engines. Cheaper brands don't. If you haven't switched up your fuel source yet maybe try that for a couple weeks. Just a thought anyway. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
104 Posts
One thing to consider is that your dealership had possibly put oil in your fuel tank. I know of several dealers that will put oil in the tank before the sled even leaves, even if they don't fill it full of oil. Just a thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arcticfreak @ Dec 31 2006, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One thing to consider is that your dealership had possibly put oil in your fuel tank. I know of several dealers that will put oil in the tank before the sled even leaves, even if they don't fill it full of oil. Just a thought.[/b]
what he said the dealer already put oil in it and you added more

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is your dealer at a much lower elevation that you, if you are up a 1000 feet or so higher than your dealer and since Z's only come carbed you are now running very rich. I just ran my new sabercat 500 EFI with oil in the tank through one tank with oil and it runs perfectly.

So you may need to jet it down oil wize and gas wize. Just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts