Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out today with the the 07 panels on my 06 V2. I also kept my inner fender splash panels on as well. The side panels did a great job of blocking the heat from the exhaust, I am very pleased with this. I will add some heat tape to the inside to improve this and protect the plastic. I also like how much they kept out the mud when combined with the splash panels.

Some have been concerned about the restriction of airflow with the side panels and the splash panels on. I did not notice my fan running any more than normal, actually it seemed to run less. Temps today were in the low 70's so the real test will be in July.

I am going to add a temp guage so I can keep an eye on the actual temp as opposed to guessing based on what the fan is doing.

Nothing else to really add, other than I give this a two thumbs up mod! :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I have been wanting to do this mod, but I was one of the people that worried about the heat.

The temp gauge sounds like a good idea, but does anybody know the temp range the motor should run at???

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Motor fan will kick in around 190 and shut off at 145 I believe...I think.

Thanks for the info on those panels. I was thinking of doing that but was concerned about the heat issue, so I think I'll go ahead and do it.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Apr 2 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just got my panels in today, now got to find (post) where i need to cut them and drill the holes for the grommets[/b]

It's not hard at all, just take your new panels line them up, and cut where necessary. The left side has some tabs on the bottom center and rear that I kept on and dremeled out the floor/sidewall so they would go in. The front tab has nowhere to go so I cut that off. Make your cuts to fit around the pull start and on the belt housing on the right side. Use a dab of grease on the studs to help mark your new holes, use a 5/8" bit and have at it.
Then suck down a beer and admire how damn good the machine looks with your new side panels! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yep printed freetrappers pictures, going to work on tommorow night. no beer for me (don't drink) but a cup of coffie would surfice!
on a side note, my header heat shield was rattling last year and i went to tighten and bolt snapped so i removed plastic and metal shield and put header wrap on but now i am wondering if i should put something on the plastic panel to protect/repell the heat off the header. don't want to install and have it warp on me!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well got them all on in just under a hour, fit real nice, just about look like they come from the factory. going to try it out and keep a eye or hand on the left side, got a feeling i will have to put some refelective tape on it to refelect some of the heat off the wrapped header pipe but only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome to hear it worked for ya. When it's all said and done, it's amazing how simple it is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What is "Pressure Washer Mod" in your sig?

I am really concerned about heat here in Oklahoma. My fan already runs quite a bit during the summer without any kind of restrictions around the engine. I don't really worry too much about heat against my legs, but the side panels make the machines look really great.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frontiercat @ Apr 3 2007, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What is "Pressure Washer Mod" in your sig?

I am really concerned about heat here in Oklahoma. My fan already runs quite a bit during the summer without any kind of restrictions around the engine. I don't really worry too much about heat against my legs, but the side panels make the machines look really great.[/b]
I was wondering if anyone would catch that. The "Pressure Washer Mod" is wiping off my AC decals unintentionaly. I always do my best to keep the stream off them but on Sunday, I ended up wiping off the AC above the grill, the V2 on the pod and the big AC on the left side of the glovebox/cowl. slaphappy

It's hot here in NC and my fan seems to run alot as well, however it didn't seem to run any more with everything closed up, it even seemed to run less. I do plan on putting in a temp guage so I can keep an eye it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts