Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i bought a carryover 07 M8 153 standard this fall. i have been hearing a lot about the 07's trenching and shock valving problems. so, can anybody shed some light on this? i have heard about drilling a hole in the tunnel to mount the front of the rear skid lower. also heard about some relocation bracket. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
706 Posts
For sure the shocks should be revalved the 07 set-up wasn't the best. As for dropping the front arm you could do that there should be another set of holes in the front arm mounting bracket inside the tunnel they just need to be drilled through the tunnel. But I'd start with the shock revalve then go from there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catmechanic @ Nov 19 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok, i bought a carryover 07 M8 153 standard this fall. i have been hearing a lot about the 07's trenching and shock valving problems. so, can anybody shed some light on this? i have heard about drilling a hole in the tunnel to mount the front of the rear skid lower. also heard about some relocation bracket. any help is appreciated.[/b]

You better be oh so very careful before you start drilling holes and relocating ANYTHING in your tunnel. There is some really great info about this over on snowest. A guy by the username Geo has got the best info out there regarding this. It has actually been nicknamed the "geo mod"!
You can try this link as a start http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57103

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pressurevac @ Nov 29 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catmechanic @ Nov 19 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, i bought a carryover 07 M8 153 standard this fall. i have been hearing a lot about the 07's trenching and shock valving problems. so, can anybody shed some light on this? i have heard about drilling a hole in the tunnel to mount the front of the rear skid lower. also heard about some relocation bracket. any help is appreciated.[/b]

You better be oh so very careful before you start drilling holes and relocating ANYTHING in your tunnel.
[/b][/quote]

It's VERY simple, you'd have to be blind to mess it up.

The holes are already there, so you're not changing anything structurally, just drilling through the 1/16" tunnel.
It's also something you can always bring back to stock form with no consequences.

If one of the issues you're unhappy with is the lack of transfer, this helps significantly.

Also, we've found that the sled tends to "plane out" better than stock location, which was counterintuitive to what we expected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an 07 with an 08 rear skid, the front has been dropped down to the bottom holes, i took the skid out to inspect and i noticed that the stab protectors (very front plastic part of the rail) is worn. It would really suck to be 20 miles out and stab a track, is there something missing on the set up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts