Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new clutch with new weights, 68g. I was out yesterday and when I went in the deep heavy snow full throttle, eventually my id lose all power and the engine would rev out. seemed like the belt lost all traction or something. When I let the rpms down again the belt would engage properly again. However, it does feel like it lacks power even on the groomed trail.

Is this an issue with the weights? Belt Tension? or something different?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
sounds like you may have the wrong belt on it ... wouldn't hurt to buy a new one and also check the secondary clutch ... could potentially be the secondary not shimmed correctly !
keep us posted on what it may need or what you come up with !

·
Registered
546 Posts
It could be a multitude of things, go thru a visual inspection first (easiest).
Belt-
1. Double check that you have the correct belt, check the part number to what you should have.
0627-046 double cog high perf w/hard compound.
0627-060 double cog high perf w/high COF compound
2. Check to see if it's glazed at all, should wash it with a mild soap and warm water.
3. Belt should always be put on in the same orientation, should be able to read the lettering when looking down at the clutches.

Primary-
1. Black marks on the sheaves (clean em off if needed)
2. See if spring is broken
3. Check cam rollers and cams (replace if worn)
4. Make sure it's clean inside (belt dust etc...)

Secondary-
1. See if spring is broken.
2. Check for broken or worn rollers.
3. Shims may or may not be correct so check alignment (attachment)
4. Check center to center should be 11.5", if rpm's spin out at high speed you may have some movement so check your motor mounts too, they wear out.

Hope all this helps you to figure out what's going on.
Keep us posted.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts