Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting into sleding and I recently purchased a used 07 M1000 with 20 hours on it. The thing is in mint condition and came with a few mods (v-force reeds, slp high flow air box, speedwerxs single pipe, cutler performance can, speedwerx y pipe, boondockers programmer, and an a/f gauge). The air fuel is mid to high 13's at WOT and the sled pull seems to pull pretty good up to 6000 RPM but after that it falls on its face and wont rev past 6500 RPM. It has 63g and 65g weights. I am a bit of a newby so any help or pointers would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also when riding around my house the elevation is 2200' and pretty much all my other riding will be done out at my cabin in Valemount.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If it has stock springs in the clutches then you will probably need more weight than that. Also, what elevation was the boondocker tuned at? You are running pretty low in elevation and if it was tuned for higher elevation you might be lean. If it is falling on it's face at 6500 rpm it sounds like the power valve cables are broken. If so it is a warranty issue. Take your sled in and have them send the ECU off to be reflashed as well as get the updated power valve clip that won't cut the cables. It should be a 3 day turn around for those parts and however long it takes your dealer to get them installed.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ya ou have a problem for sure.
With those crazy low weights it should rev till it just blows up.
I over rev spinning 70 grams till i get up to 7,000 feet....but i like it to pull hard up in the steep and deep, so clutch it for up there and just accept a little over rev down low.
As mentioned check the APV operation...some have faulty clips that cut the cables...its a free fix at any cat dealer.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (axion68 @ Mar 2 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If it has stock springs in the clutches then you will probably need more weight than that. Also, what elevation was the boondocker tuned at? You are running pretty low in elevation and if it was tuned for higher elevation you might be lean. If it is falling on it's face at 6500 rpm it sounds like the power valve cables are broken. If so it is a warranty issue. Take your sled in and have them send the ECU off to be reflashed as well as get the updated power valve clip that won't cut the cables. It should be a 3 day turn around for those parts and however long it takes your dealer to get them installed.[/b]

DO NOT SEND THE ECU FOR A REFLASH...

tHE BOONDOCKER is set based on the original calibrations. If these are changed, it will change the boondocker settings as well.

As far as the rest of the advice regarding the PV cables and clip it is still a warranty issue and the dealer should cover it LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The boondocker is set up good, I have an air fuel ratio gauge and they dont get over 14 A/F. I took off the power valve cables and they measure with in spec (34.5mm). I was able to open the valves manually and they didn't seem like they were sticking. I lifted up the rear end to see if the servo motor was working and it is opening at 6500 RPM like it is suppose to.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunch_Box @ Mar 2 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
... and an a/f gauge). The air fuel is mid to high 13's at WOT and...[/b]

I forgot to ask... what are you using for an A/F guage and do you have any pictures of where / how it is mounted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Mar 3 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunch_Box @ Mar 2 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot to ask... what are you using for an A/F guage and do you have any pictures of where / how it is mounted.
[/b][/quote]

It is an Innovative air fuel gauge and the gauge is mounted just to the left of the riser, the sensor is mounted just before the silencer. I can get a pic for you if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found the problem. The boondocker box is defective. With the box not hooked up and back to stock the sled would pull hard to 8000 RPM. Even with the modifications that the seld has it still ran with a safe air/fuel ratio. Maybe a tad on the rich side.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunch_Box @ Mar 4 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I found the problem. The boondocker box is defective. With the box not hooked up and back to stock the sled would pull hard to 8000 RPM. Even with the modifications that the seld has it still ran with a safe air/fuel ratio. Maybe a tad on the rich side.[/b]

Now throw weight in the primary till you get it down to 7300 rpm and see how it pulls then.
those boondocker boxes always seem to have isues...i have seen several of them fail...its like they cannot take the vibration/ pounding of being used on a sled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcflying @ Mar 4 2007, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Now throw weight in the primary till you get it down to 7300 rpm and see how it pulls then. those boondocker boxes always seem to have isues...i have seen several of them fail...its like they cannot take the vibration/ pounding of being used on a sled.[/b]
I just put in some 75g weights.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunch_Box @ Mar 4 2007, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Mar 3 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunch_Box @ Mar 2 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

It is an Innovative air fuel gauge and the gauge is mounted just to the left of the riser, the sensor is mounted just before the silencer. I can get a pic for you if you want.
[/b][/quote]

It would be greatly appreciated... Also PM if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts