Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the only time i have seen a box come with a pipe.. is this a must?

9 hp gain...

ebay link click here

what does this dobec TFI controller do?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes think of it like the jetting on a carb....but your doing it with the box.
The quad won't run right without the TFI box & just a slip on.
The VDI is supposed to do the same things as the TFI box & more....but the Dobeck box & the one offered by dyno jet "I beleive" are out now.
If you get & put it on...make sure you post what you think...will be closer to spring before I order.
Stephen in northern IN

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do.. thank you sir!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can use the HMF with no controller. It will work fine, mine did. I added a DJ Programmer later on, but ran it with just the pipe for a few weeks before. Here is the link where I got mine. click here I think the same guy has the programmers too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Claws I only go by what I read & was under the impression without the TFI box you would not run properly?
Did you notice an improvement "more power" when you added yours later.
I was lead to beleive the Suzuki fuel injection was a basic design & could not compinsate for a slip on exhaust & would create a lean condition? I dunno I dunno
650boy I did mention the VDI unit would do the same as the TFI box's & more.
But currently only the TFI boxes are out.
Anybody want to jump in with a better explanation? Not worthy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tickster- It took about 5 miles for the machine to run right after I installed the slip-on. I suppose the injection system made an adjustment by itself. Just by adding the slip on, it made a night and day difference in power. When I added the Programmer later on, it enhanced the mid-range, but wasn't the same thrill as adding the slip-on. The programmers are worth the money, but the pipe made the biggest difference.

On a side note, I gave $359 plus shipping for my programmer. And 10 minutes ago I saw a new one on ebay for $309 with free shipping..... bang your head

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really would like the pipe for the power, not the music it makes. it says 95 decibels.. i wonder how loud that really is? i never really wanted a loud bike...

if i get it, i will hook up my g-tech to the cigarette lighter and post the difference in 0-60 times and such.. i think that would be a cool thing to do as well as a video of me pulling the tires in high gear !!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i thought so.. im headed home now, so i think i might do a 0-60 run when i get to the 10hr mark on the bike then do it again with the 30" mud lites and see how much i loose and then again with the hmf!

the only problem i can see is the mount for the g-tech.. it has to be level and i dont have a windshield to mount it to. i would have to be creative with it

·
Registered
487 Posts
the hmf will give you more snap to it. and also watch out because the very first time you start it there will be flames out the exhaust pipe and that will be the only time.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
flames?
you can make a makeshift holder with a towel and a couple of zip ties either in front of you on the tool box or mabey on the front racks, inbetween the bars if you g-tech has a play back feature or memory so you can check after your run. can't wait to hear the results!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 21 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the hmf will give you more snap to it. and also watch out because the very first time you start it there will be flames out the exhaust pipe and that will be the only time.[/b]
what no way? cause of something in the pipe used when manufacturing it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
well it wasnt flames it was an orange beam that came out about half a foot. It only did it once though. Whatever you do dont forget your spark arrestor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts