Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I found a great placfe to ride up here in Maine before the trails open up..granted its only a sand pit..but hey at least Im riding.
Anyways there was a flooded hole in this giant sand pit, decided to see how she would go thru some water..The water only reached the very top of the foot rests...to get out you have to climba small hill, well I couldnt make it out! My clutch was slippng (wet belt). So I took off the drain bolt and sure as SH!& water comes out... I am thinkin..WTF!! If I cant go thru 12" of water this thing friggin sucks. I burped the throttle a few times to get any more water out..rode for 4 hours more(not going into any water mind you) and decided to see why this would let water in..come to find out during my trailbreaking sesion behinmd the house, I must have ran over a stick, this stick pierced the rubber boot at the clutch cover, any ways she is fixed! I was going to take a picture of it to show you guys but I threw it away.. I am going to take the cover off this week and see if theres any wood debris in there to clean out. Sticks are evil!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Yes, that's right... The evil sticks are out to get you!!! :devil_angry:

:lol:

There was this twig that got hung up on my rear lower arm, it wasn't very big at all... Not big enough to cause serious physical damage, you could break it with practically no effort. It was only 1/2" thick at the thick end.

It just got hung up, one end dragging on the ground and the other end riding the inner CV boot. Sure enough, I didn't even know it was there and it wore through the CV boot. bang your head

Damn those evil sticks!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They dont look like much, but they can ruina great day!! Im glad Im not the only victim! I need HOS to make me up a clutch intake stopper!!!!!
I wonder how steel braid would work on that???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.