Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
I feel as though i am deadh0rse , Just wonder if anyone really feels a difference with running 26 or 27" tires on their H1s...I want bigger tires but still want to be able to turn them easily..Plus Im not sure 1/2 difference from 26 to 27 warrants the extra weight and $$$$...also are the Kenda Executioners heavy like i have heard?? Any input would be most appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
i can wheelie my 07 h1 with my 29.5" tres. they weigh 40# each. you aren't going the have a problem with 27s.

also some tires are shorter and some are taller than others that clain to be the same size. i've read that executioners are short and heavy.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My 500 TRV turns 26" MST's real easy, I don't see why your H1 would have a problem with 27's. From stock 25's to 26" MST's I gained a little better than an inch of clearance. Didn't sound right to me, but I'm pretty sure I can read a tape measure! I dunno
JD

·
Registered
3 Posts
the H1 will turn any tire out there stock!! when i get my H1 im going with the 27" Swamplites, because i like them and they run tall, so with the right amout of air pressure they will measure 28" also my local cat dealer sells a ton of em.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a little searching yesterday and found the Maxxis Mudbug...I have read many different articles and threads on them...what I like is that they are 6 ply, light, have aggressive tread, the only thing im weary about is I was reall set on getting either 26x9x12 or 27x9x12 in the fron and 26 or 27x11 in the rear...they only come in 26 or 27 x10 in the front and 26 or 27 x 12 in the rear.....why does this have to be so damn mindboggling???? bang your head

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I went with the 27" and WOW what a difference in the look of my machine :super_happy: . I think they should have come with 27" from Cat. As big and bad as our Cat's look to have those small 26" tires look wimpy, I've gotten more compliments with the 27's then with the 26's, and have had NO problems with them

Good luck whatever you choose :thumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I run the 26" Swamplites. They measure 27" exact with 6 lbs of air. The bike turns them just fine. Next set will be 27" for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.