Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm jeting my buddies 07 H1, I know the 07 H1 came with a smaller carb then 05,06 models but does the 147.5 main jet still work good in it with a 2" snorkel? If not what are some of you guys using?

Also what size washers are you guys using for needle shims and were are you geting them?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
stock CVK-36 has 132 mains... so if you have 147 do a plug check and toss a #4 washer under the shim (if required)....

BM...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah 07's come with 132. I have 2" snorks on mine. I ended up going up to 147.5 main and 1 shim under the needle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks alot, I've been hearing a bunch of differant stuff on highlifter, but the 147.5 main jet seems like the norm here.

Exactly what kind of washer do you shim the needle with?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I'm going to drill the carb slide hole out to 1/8.

Do I need to do this to my V2 also? or is the holes in the slides on the my V2 big enough?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Use a #4 washer. Any menards, home depot or lowes should carry em. Even a local hardware store might carry em.

I tried 2 washers but it was a tad rich.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I shimmed my needle with a #4 washer from Ace Hardware. Set me back about a dime a washer or so. I ended up using 3, but am going to scale that back to 2 I think.

I too am running a 147.5 main.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks agian. Last quetion I promise, but when I go to order the jet from the dealer it go's from 145 to 148, I'm going to take a guess and say the 148 is actually a 147.5 but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just make sure that it's a keihin jet and not a dynojet. Dj does make a 148, that would be way too rich. I would order a 145 a 147.5 and a 150. That way you have a little room to play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts