Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am servicing my, new to me, F1000. I have removed the driven clutch and realized its splined unlike my Sabercat. What do you use, if anything to lubricate this spline?

I also have a bit of water in my Diamond Drive, any suggestions as to how it got in there and how to keep it out?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sabrecatman700 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am servicing my, new to me, F1000. I have removed the driven clutch and realized its splined unlike my Sabercat. What do you use, if anything to lubricate this spline?

I also have a bit of water in my Diamond Drive, any suggestions as to how it got in there and how to keep it out?[/b]
I use the smallest bit of white grease on it. Enough to keep it from seizing but not enough to fling.
Diamond drive, may be condensation but then again it could be pulling moisture in from a partially bad seal. At the minimum, good idea to pull the cover to properly clean (vs using AC's flushing fluid) then refill. Best option would be to pull the DD and install new seals and inspect the bearings etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the sled used, and after going over it I suspect it was condensation. It didn't seem to be well maintained. Just a bunch of little clues, not real clean, needed a couple pumps of grease in each fitting, aluminum dulled etc, you get the picture.

I drained the oil, added the flush, ran it up and spun the track for about 45 seconds (as per dealers instructions), drained the flush and topped up with fresh lubricant. I think I will put a few hundred miles on it and change the oil again. If I find water again, I will have to pull the drive out, as you recommended, and change the seals.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Either way I'd drain n refill shortly after just because there is no way to be 100% positive all the flush has been removed unless you break the case open.

enjoy yer ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts