Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 2007 f1000 with 3600 miles, elec start and reverse for $2500. Guy says reverse randomly works or not. This would be for my wife. We are both currently on zr3 chassis. I want a turbo 4 stroke, she wants big cc 2 stroke.

what kind of miles would a top end be recommended? Seems like ive seen many of the 1,000’s with high miles.

i know the dd doesnt get much love but im mechanically inclined. Thoughts on the random reverse working or not?

were these known to blow belts constantly?

any other concerns with these sleds?

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
They are decent riding machines. The 1000 was known to be fairly reliable. There were a few crank issues I believe in 07. The DD is ok with regular maint as I found out as I had a 09 and a 04 with the original DD. The 1000 felt heavier when riding. The wife needs to know that. As for the reverse, I believe you need to check the idle speed as it has to slow down the engine and go into reverse. Not sure what else would be wrong with that. My 09 was a problem one time when the engine was having internal piston issues and had to be replaced. I'd also check the compression on the engine. It may need repairs since it's 14 years old.

·
Super Moderator
8,511 Posts
The reverse is mechanical on those so you may have an actuator going bad. The dd drive is way over played on the internet. All you have to do is change the oil in it once a year and it holds up fine. If you run the hell out of them they eat belts, if you ride them like a sane person they hold up fine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love mine, your wife will like the warm ride. Like others said the reverse is mechanical with a motor that move a rod for you. Stock the motor is pretty detuned so tends to be reliable.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Set floats about 70 psi +/- depending on your weight and the conditions. On rear I run front shock with just barely any spring pressure. I'm 250+ and spring triangle and stiffest. The rear square blocks I removed and i really like that, to me makes it hook up better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks ill try the 65-70 psi im 190 pounds as far as the front rear shock spring tighter makes it less traction or more weight tranfer not looking or a wheelie machine im pretty aggressive trail rider but want some weight off the front as its heavy sled havnt rode it yet but getting it ready for first snow

·
Registered
460 Posts
With the blocks out it hooks up very well, it will whellie but honestly the big challenge is traction with the 1" track. With the blocks in it seemed like it would not hook, spinning track at 50+ in loose snow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
iv got lotta picks in the track gonn try it how it is then go from there lotta power in the sled and hopefully i got a good used one pray anywys

·
Registered
460 Posts
Mine has a ton of studs as well. One thing to check is if the tank recall was done. They had issues with cracking where the fuel pump is mounted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts