Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got about 80 miles on my 07 650 and the breaks are already gettin pretty noisy. Looked at the rotors today and they look like they have been hot a few times the rotors are discolored and scratched lookin. Whats the deal w/ only havin 3 brakes 2 up front and one on the right rear if they were goin to only have one on the rear would make sence to me to put it on the drive shaft but who am I to question the designers? And who makes good replacement pads?EBC? Not worthy:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
your brakes will make noise if they get wet even a little, also did you follow the procedure to burnish the pads???
have to get going 30mph or so, come to a raging stop, do this a couple of times is supposed to help the brakes wear better and work better..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Not sure whats going on with your brakes.

If you put that large rotor on the driveshaft it's going to reduce you ground clearance. If you made the rotor small enough that it wasn't going though the frame rails or the skidplate, then you reduce the stopping force and even though you have the gear ratio helping you out it's still not going to be enough force. Also kepping it out on the wheel you can use the same parts as the front, making it cheaper. ;)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zack2746 @ Apr 9 2007, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have got about 80 miles on my 07 650 and the breaks are already gettin pretty noisy. Looked at the rotors today and they look like they have been hot a few times the rotors are discolored and scratched lookin. Whats the deal w/ only havin 3 brakes 2 up front and one on the right rear if they were goin to only have one on the rear would make sence to me to put it on the drive shaft but who am I to question the designers? And who makes good replacement pads?EBC? Not worthy:[/b]
The brakes are great compared to previous years 05 and back. The driveshaft brake is being used on the prowlers. 2 up front and 1 rear is the standard in the atv world a few have different systems but most are set up this way and they work very well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an 06 500m with 2 calipers in the back, my buddy has an 07 500m with 1 caliper in the back. We both wore out our stock pads at about 100 miles. We both went with EBC extreme duty pads and did the break in thing and I have another 200 miles on mine and they work and look great. Neither me or my buddy did the break in thing on the stockers, probably what killed em so quick.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey boggin did the 06 or 07 stop better i have a 06 500 and am traded it in today and picking up a 07 500 manual thursday my 06 is a real piece and has been to the shop for the 7th time today and so i inguired about trading and made me a deal i couldnt refuse so picking up the 07 thursday

·
Registered
93 Posts
To tell the truth I can't really tell a difference. They both stop pretty good with the EBC's on em. What king of deal did they work ya, if you don't mind me asking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts