Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07' crossfire 1000 SP, been having the thing backfire more and more when starting and shutting it off, buddy with a standard 800 was starting to have the same problem. Anyone else been getting this

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
You'll have to let the engine idle down to it's lowest RPM before shutting down. If you don't...Then it'll backfire like you say. I have experienced this with my F7's. Don't know the real reason why it does that...Maybe others can chime in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mkehler @ Jan 17 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an 07' crossfire 1000 SP, been having the thing backfire more and more when starting and shutting it off, buddy with a standard 800 was starting to have the same problem. Anyone else been getting this[/b]

Not that I have put many miles on my my XF but I was having the same problem when I would start it up occasional at in the garage and then it just seem to stop (backfiring that is)......and yes I know about letting the motor idle down for a few minutes prior to shutting the engine off.

Like I said it has not happened lately but I have not rode it lately.....if it starts doing it again and continues I will have to look deeper into it, possibly take to the dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Most buddies that have sleds and backfire when shutting off...they all run some sort of after market can. 3 ski doos and an f6 all do it in my riding groups. mine doesn't mostly, i have heard it once, and yes i hit the kill still moving... never let her calm down first.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mine only does it when i hit the kill with the rpm's up if ya let her idle down then it doesnt do it i think its just when you hit the kill it cuts spark not fuel. when its spinning faster it floods the exhaust with unburnt fuel and thats why when you start her up she goes pop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts