Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem I am having is that when I turn the key on, I do not hear the fuel pump prime and the normal "buzzing" and "clicking" sound come from under my seat. Battery 100%, new OEM fuel pump, new Rectifier, recent oil change.
It ran just fine the day before I was going to do a big ride. I started the bike up the morning of the big ride, turned it off to gear up and when I went to start bike again, nothing. I have power to screen, lights work and i hear the hear the fuse box click and relays work. It turns over like normal. Someone said that it could be my CDI? Need help

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
Sounds like it’s your pump that has bit the bullet. You do not have a cdi you have an ECU and they rarely fail. Have you checked all your fuses ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it’s your pump that has bit the bullet. You do not have a cdi you have an ECU and they rarely fail. Have you checked all your fuses ?
Thats my mistake, I said CDI, I meant ECU. Yes I have checked the fuses, That is under my seat. Is there another set of fuses that i do not know about? I looked at new ECU's and they are very expensive. How do I check to see if the ECU is good? or how would I know it is bad?

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
Why not check your pump first. They are a lot cheaper than an $800 ECU if you can even get one.
Put direct power to the pump and see if it’s working. Process of elimination, if something is not working find out why before throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have now purchased two OEM pumps for this Bike. If it is the pump, then can someone recommend a pump that is better quality that the OEM?

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
Way cheaper

Are you letting the fuel pump cycle completely before trying to start it ?
Check your voltage at the battery when it’s running.

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
Any luck?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts