Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 160 miles things are coming around nicely.
I don't hear the wine from the DD that 06 models are reporting. It is my understanding that a straight cut gear will cause a gearbox to wine. What do the 06 models come with and I wonder if AC changed the angle?
After a little work on the clutching I did a couple high speed runs. Got a 99.1 mph on the GPS (My 02 800 got 106). This is encouraging because the sled is running just under 8000 rpm so speed should increase after some more clutch work.
During full speed runs I don't get much steering response, the sled wants to go where ever it wants to. I got a little more suspension tuning planned.
I also noticed a vibration at speed, will have to do some investigating on that one.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Problem is the 07's still have the SUPER SHORT 60-60 gears. At full shift you'll run less than 110....more likely 105.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oldcrow: What skiis are you runnig? I put Powder Pro's on my 07 xf8 Sno Pro with 6" carbides and it is like power steering. Most of the sleds I met on the trails the other day were darting badly and I had zero problems with darting. Great upgrade that xf owners should do I.M O..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts