Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my camshafts in my 07' 700 efi LE and although the web cam is cheeper I'm not sure if it's better than the Speedwerx cams.
I was also interested to hear if anyone has done this and what needs to be done to instal the cam like removing the engine or just all the plastic. Also can I reuse any of the gaskets or do I need new ones and any other helpfull tips on this job.
I have a rebuild manual and it looks like it could be trickey with the chains.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
Web cams grinds their own cams speedwerx does not. You don't even have to remove plastics it makes it easier and cleaner but not absolutely needed. Do you have any other mods done?? You might not realize the benefits of a cam without intake and exhaust mods. Along with an upgraded programmer like a vdi

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Web cams grinds their own cams speedwerx does not. You don't even have to remove plastics it makes it easier and cleaner but not absolutely needed. Do you have any other mods done?? You might not realize the benefits of a cam without intake and exhaust mods. Along with an upgraded programmer like a vdi
I have the Speedwerx Copperhead cpu box, high output coil and an HMF exhaust/ muffler only and the Medium Speedwerks clutch kit.
I have not seen any intake mods but haven't realy looked for one either.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the K&N filter on my 650. Worthless in my oppinion. As for the Speedwerx high flow intake for $400 for a minie cold air intake filter and a screen cover I think I'll pass thank you. May build one myself from a snowmobile intake kit.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
Just snorkel it.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
Pretty sure vdi makes the copperhead not speedwerx. Get an m109r injector and USB uploaded with custom maps from vdi

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure vdi makes the copperhead not speedwerx. Get an m109r injector and USB uploaded with custom maps from vdi
I bought the copperhead through speedwerx n had it set up for 89 or 91 octane.
Where do you find that injector? I'll have to look it up.
I still want to buy the cams. I can stand it up n smoke my tires now and it has a top end of 70mph but want a little more low end. I got smoked by a CanAm 400 in a swamp.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
From what I just read this injector dumps more fuel in the system right?
From my experiences with other engines more fuel doesn't always = more H.P. just more bogging n no bottom end. I would need the cam to let it take the fuel efficiently and exhaust efficiently too. Also would go hand and hand with stiffer valve springs porting and polishing and so on. I am already dumping as much fuel as the system can handle as far as I know without the cam.
If I want to get crazy might as well stroke it with high compression pistons too.
I just want it to be dependable and have a little more. I have built other engines thinking it would be fast and dependable but usualy not the case when you go to far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My question still has not been answered. Both cams probably comparabale one does the work themselfs one dosn't. The valve lift numbers look close to the same and one over priced I guess or both are.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
cams are going to give you more mid to top end not bottom.

Also web cams without a doubt, speedwerx doesnt do anything them selves aside from there exhaust can which blow apart

Web are the ones to have all the king quad guys run them and i will be soon in my monster motor build.

The injector doesnt dump more fuel, its controlled by the ecu it dumps the same amount but better spray pattern and when the stock injector maxes out on the top end the m109r does not

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I thought that I had read on here somewhere that webcam does the cams for speedworks.
That wouldnt shock me one bit...speedwerx seems to do this alot and bump the price up too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts