Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about my wifes 07 500 Auto. It seems to be geared very low as compared to my 700. Engine seems to be a lot louder than expected. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this with theirs. My friends 06 500 Auto doesn't seem near as loud.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Jan 11 2007, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just wondering about my wifes 07 500 Auto. It seems to be geared very low as compared to my 700. Engine seems to be a lot louder than expected. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this with theirs. My friends 06 500 Auto doesn't seem near as loud.[/b]
Can't help you with the gearing question although, if the '07 - 500 seems louder, it may have a different exhaust than the '06. Ask your dealer if AC changed exhaust systems for the '07s. Also, have a good look at your exhuast system. Make sure everything is on nice and tight, particularly the header bolts and gasket. You don't want them to be loose. Check all other exhaust system joints for leaks. If all is well and the machine runs good, enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts