Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the rearend back together on my 250 and when I did I took it for a little ride around the neighborhood. This is the first time I have riden this atv, I bought it needing the rearend redone. Well a few problems have popped up, the cooling fan isn't working and the transmission has a few issues. The transmission doesn't like going in to low gear unless you slam it in and when your running in high gear about half throttle it seems to change gears and jerk. I'm guessing I need to tear into the transmission and see what is worn out. Here are a few pics of my $200 four wheeler plus about 330 in parts so far.

When I bought it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a good used cooling fan on eBay, so I ordered it. Put it on yesterday and rode my daughter and nephew around on it in the yard for a couple of hours yesterday. Low gear works fine but high gear is shot. The tech at work is pretty sure its the high gear dog in the transmission that is bad but I should be fine for now. So I'm working on getting the money together to fix it by this hunting season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
751 Posts
You need to check the gear in the right side housing where the drive shaft connects to the transmission. The nut is known to back off the gear allowing the gear to move on the shaft. 3 bolt cover on the right side rear of the motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I pulled the cover off the other day and the gears look fine. However when I pulled it off, a bunch of water poured out. So I will be changing the oil and before hunting season tearing into to the transmission and fixing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts