Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea a friend of mine offered it to me for a grand. Rod went through the block. Other wise sled is in pretty decent shape. Trying to figure out what it would cost me to replace the motor.

·
5,963 Posts
You can Pick up used motors Under a grand

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You think so Greg? Hell the hood is worth an easy $250, clutch, $200, Seat $150 and thats already $600, not including the track, suspension etc. I could part it out and sell it and still make money on it. But I think I will just fix i since I do have the know how.

Axlr8, if things change I will let ya know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm with Greg... Sure, you can find an engine for < $1000, but I doubt that the rest of the sled is mint! Little extras such as valve cables, gas hose, pumps, shocks, slides, belt, diamond drive... the list goes on, runs up the $$ fast! Yes, you can part it out and make $$ at that price, but to build up a machine that you'll be 'confident/satisfied' to sell honestly..... might need some extra.
my .02

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know this sled.... they guy is easy on them. I go riding with him now and then... and for some reason my 600 can whoop him from one end of the field to the next... meaning he never opens it up and babys it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.