Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just put a hidden 2" snorkle on it, but still need to rejet, On the chart below it says I need a 140 and a 145 jet for my altitude (2-3000ft) but I did a search on here and seen that some people are using smaller jets than that at my altitude, so what do I need?? Also do I need to take off the plastic to get to the carbs?? I figure at least the airbox, then can I just twist them?? Do I need to do anything with the needle also?? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANy input would be greatly appreciated, I looked and you can get the bowls off pretty easily with out moving much.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
should be able to get at them with just the one side panel off. can't help much on jetting though, not snorkled. best bet is to put in what you think and ride it around and check your plugs to see if too rich or too lean.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
My jets are listed in my Sig, I'm under 1500ft and my plugs have a nice color to them, I would think 140-145 would be rich, but jetting is kind of trial and error

This might help Jetting 101

Good luck :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks RobCat, did you have to do anything with your needle, that is the one I am worried about the most, jetting wont be too bad I dont think, I called the Kawi shop here and they have a bunch of jets in the 140-145 range, so i will grab a few and try them out. I assume you are using stock jets and not dynojets or something like that?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
when you get the jets ask about "shims" for the needles, they should know what your talking about, can't remember for sure something like a number 4 washer. pick a few of them up might need one or two under each needle to help give a bit more fuel in the mid rpm range. they might be able to get you adjustable needles, don't know if anyone else makes them besides dynojet for the ac's but never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks KevinBender, wont the Bf needles work on he cats?? Same engine arent they, or are they not adjustable as well.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I didn't adjust the needle, but it pulls smooth all the way through the throttle, but on the other hand I'm running a 1.5 reducer not 2"

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks RobCat, I am going to tackle it tomorrow, hopefully the kawi dealer has a few shims laying arround (where exactly do they go if I need them??) if not I think I have some for my sled laying arround, they should work shouldnt they?? Oh yea thanks for the jetting 101 link, helps out on where to start. I did my 400 when I had it, but these are quite a bit different that that.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again Kevin, went to the Kawi dealer to get some jets, dont know what the heck I got (pic below) I never looked at mine before i went to get some so I didnt know they were wrong (any idea what these are for??) they are long and squared off on the edges, where as mine were round with a slot in them. Also here is another pic of my family. Got the side panels put on my V2 also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Did you tell them what you needed the jets for??? They just look like a different style maybe for an older carb??? I would take them back and bring the old ones with to show the parts guy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I told them what I was after, but apparently the guy thought they were all the same or something, I will bring them back next week when I have some time, going snowmobiling for the weekend. I just put a reducer on it for now, had to go to 1 1/4 to get the jetting good. And fiddle with the front a/f screw, it was really lean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts