Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a manual for the 06 prowler. I bought a one that is not so great, was wondering if anyone knows where to get the one's the dealers use, or if there is one anyone can recommend. I bought the repair pro one and am not real impressed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wade30 @ Jun 13 2008, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm looking for a manual for the 06 prowler. I bought a one that is not so great, was wondering if anyone knows where to get the one's the dealers use, or if there is one anyone can recommend. I bought the repair pro one and am not real impressed.[/b]

Check your inbox
or better.....
Here

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
If I could figure out how to do what Blaze did, I have the service manual for the 08 Prowler 650XT. The motor is the same as the 06. I have the 06 and the manual came in very handy when I was doing all of my engine mods. It is pretty detailed on doing everything from maintenance to major engine teardowns. I will post it up if someone can tell me how. Or I could email it to someone if that is easier............

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dentless @ Jun 13 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I could figure out how to do what Blaze did, I have the service manual for the 08 Prowler 650XT. The motor is the same as the 06. I have the 06 and the manual came in very handy when I was doing all of my engine mods. It is pretty detailed on doing everything from maintenance to major engine teardowns. I will post it up if someone can tell me how. Or I could email it to someone if that is easier............[/b]
Well Mr. Dentless.... here ya go.....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for all the help! Those manuals will help alot! I'm tearing down my engine and have to split the case. I have a loud clacking noise coming from the drive train. I'm trying to remove the magneto rotor and it calls for a puller. Is there another method to remove it? or where can i get the puller? Also I am having a real difficult time getting the clutch basket nut off (left hand threads). Any hints or ideas on how to get that nut to break loose? Thanks again for all the help it is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
352 Posts
You need to have a strong impact to get the clutch off. Mine took awhile to loosen up. go back and fourth with it a few times. I am not sure that it is reverse threads though. I know we thought it was, but don't remember if that was actually the case or not. PM me with your email address and I can send you the service manual. I just looked and they do not say that it is reverse threads, so I assume that it is not..........................

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to have a strong impact to get the clutch off. Mine took awhile to loosen up. go back and fourth with it a few times. I am not sure that it is reverse threads though. I know we thought it was, but don't remember if that was actually the case or not. PM me with your email address and I can send you the service manual. I just looked and they do not say that it is reverse threads, so I assume that it is not..........................
Could you please send the manual to me? We have a 2006 Prowler. [email protected]

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts