Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story. 2006 m7 le 162 with 1400 miles on sled and it starts blowing belts, probably 3 within 250-300 miles. I was rideing back to the trailer after a short ride and stoped in a feild to play a little. Going along on flat ground at about 15mph in 6inch of fresh and there was a little pop, then a slight rev up and at the same time all forward motion stoped. I thought it was another belt but it turned out that the primary sheared off the end of the crank. I have recently bought a new crank and am going to put it in myself. Ihe problem is that i don't know what to do about the clucthes. I am wanting to do a bmp stage 2 kit or a rktec helix conversion but i have some hesitations. first what went wrong with it in the first place? i may not be fixing the real problem. the primary spring is now paintless, could that mean accesive heat? new spider and roolers but i have heard they sometimes crack and explode so maybe a supreme tool spider Or just a new primary entiarly? the 2ndary has some slight cuts in the shives so i may just replace thoes and put a new helix on. Any ideas? thanks for all imput and advise!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Here's the story. 2006 m7 le 162 with 1400 miles on sled and it starts blowing belts, probably 3 within 250-300 miles. I was rideing back to the trailer after a short ride and stoped in a feild to play a little. Going along on flat ground at about 15mph in 6inch of fresh and there was a little pop, then a slight rev up and at the same time all forward motion stoped. I thought it was another belt but it turned out that the primary sheared off the end of the crank. I have recently bought a new crank and am going to put it in myself. Ihe problem is that i don't know what to do about the clucthes. I am wanting to do a bmp stage 2 kit or a rktec helix conversion but i have some hesitations. first what went wrong with it in the first place? i may not be fixing the real problem. the primary spring is now paintless, could that mean accesive heat? new spider and roolers but i have heard they sometimes crack and explode so maybe a supreme tool spider Or just a new primary entiarly? the 2ndary has some slight cuts in the shives so i may just replace thoes and put a new helix on. Any ideas? thanks for all imput and advise!
sounds like the crank was out and you kept riding it till it finally let go. call steve @ mds he'll set you up with a clutch set up

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
You would not have needed a new crank, only the pto end. It sounds like you had primary clutch problems and that is probably what took the crank. I would replace or rebuild the clutch and have it balanced. I guess I would go with a complete new clutch. The polaris conversion or supreme tool spider may be more durable, with only 1400 miles on a 2006, the new one will last you a lot of years. You already spent half the cost of the clutch on belts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts