Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had road my sled to work, on the trip home I have to ride a short way along the road before getting back onto the trail, as I was going along the road I noticed my check engine light was on, not steady, just a quick flash, as soon as I noticed it I slowed right down and got back on the trail (aproximately 1-2 minutes of light flashing at around 10-20 KM/h). Once I got back on the powder it went out.

As soon as I got home I got my manual out and found that it most likely was a coolant heat level.

I am wondering is there a chance any damage occured?

Anything I should check? or bring it to the dealer?

The machine is brand new only has 5 hours on it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
was it the check engine or the temp light? If it was the temp light it will flash first when the motor is starting to get hot, and then stay solid when the motor is hot. It is not a big deal if it was flashing, just look for a spot to get off the trail to kick some snow up on the cooler. Not a big deal for the motor, as it starts to flash pretty early. If you temp light is starting to flash there is a good chance you hyfax is getting hot too :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info :)

It was deffinetly the check engine light, as soon as I got home I checked the manual and it had the codes for the EFI model which mine is, and it said a steady flash was coolant temperature warning. I just wanted to make sure no damage would of been caused. and if it comes on early it was only on for a minute or to so it should be okay just wanted some re-assurance my investment wasn't hurt lol.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the waym what is the hyfax? if you don't mind explaining :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Hifax is the plastic wear strips that your track slides on in your skid. If you ever stop for a bit and when you try to go your sled doesn't move, check your track. Sometimes the plastic will get hot and melt a bit, freezing your track. Just kick your track free and find some lose snow to keep it cool.

We rode 76 miles this evening in some marginal snow. My check engine light was flashing too. I had to keep finding powder and it would go off. My sled is new also. M-7 162" LE. The other guy I rode with had the same thing going on. He has the same sled. No harm, It's just telling you to find some snow to throw on the cooler.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts