Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone tell me the benefit of reed spacers in a 06 M5 and is it worth it and if I need to change anything else when doing this. I can get a set for 55.00 but was sure if it would benfit any I have put a low altitude kit in it since I'm only at 480 feet above the big lake but was thinking of this also .thanks Don

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
Reed spacers space the reed cage further away from the crank and lets the fuel atomize better. The 800/900 non-laydown motor benefited greatly from this since the reeds were so close to the crank. I'm not sure if it will benefit the M5 but if it does don't expect an OMG wow different. The M5 motor is stripped and it is tough to get much power out of it. Financially you are better off selling it and getting an M6 for more power, but then again you won't get the satisfaction of taking something and making it better. $55 is pretty cheap for a mod, and if it puts a smile on your face it is worth it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put a set in my M7 - huge difference. Did the same in my gf's M5 - started having clutch problems at the same time as I installed the spacers so we won't know if it helped until I get the clutching dialed in. Won't be able to play with it for a couple weeks yet. I was talking to a Cat dealer that has a friend thats done some clutch tuning on the 5's, I'm hoping to talk to him when I get home.

:beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally talked to Billy Howard and he said don't do it that it won't help much to get anymore out of it so I guess we are shopping for a bigger sled and one of my boys can ride the M 5 Thanks for the replys though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts